Wednesday, June 9, 2010

More squares

I had to modify the square this month.
My squares are anywhere between 8 to 10 inches wide (I'm using 12" patterns but with DK yarn).
This square was written for DK yarn, but to be about 12 inches wide. I modified the middle pattern and by default the open lacework around it.
I also modified the edges so they didn't bow as I'm reasonably paranoid about things being straight along the edge.
I like it.

And here's an improvised pattern that I also like.
In fact I think this would make a great lap quilt and could be made rectangular.
(I'm pretty sure I wrote the pattern down somewhere, probably on a scrap of paper knowing me, but I'll see if I can find it - but that won't be until August, so don't hold your breath. I'm sure you're all smart enough to recreate this one yourself.)




No comments: