Monday, February 7, 2011

Bag for a Birthday

This year the birthday swap was run a little differently.
One partner whose birthday is close to yours. This should help with the loss of enthusiasm that seems to happen once people have had their birthdays but have to keep supplying presents.

My partner has a baby and wanted a bag that she could use as a project bag/cart daughters stuff around in bag.

Last Christmas Mum gave me a pattern for this multi tasking tote bag. I decided it would probably work well for my partner.

What I didn't realise is that it eats material and is constructed in a slightly obscure way.

I didn't really enjoy making this bag. Not sure I'd make another, maybe I'd use the principle to make something like it.
My partner loves purple and wanted bright vibrant jewel tones.
This was as close as I could get!
I did dye a skein of silk as well but it had a lot of light purple in it and my partner isn't fussed on light purple.
As I already had swap anxiety with the bag I got her a skein of Malabrigo worsted.

That's birthday swapping done for the year.

No comments: